Historically speaking the time between the second week of November and Christmas has been the biggest volume for manufactured spend in the year, at least during my career. That’s because:
- Buying lots of Visa and Mastercard gift cards is temporarily normalized
- Most stores run first-party holiday gift card promotions
- Big gift card sellers run third-party holiday gift card promotions
- Consumer electronics and other hot items for buyer’s groups are well stocked and often on sale
- Nit-picky cashiers and customer service representatives are too busy to worry much about what you’re doing
If you want to participate in the gift card or buyer’s groups holiday manufactured spend cluster-hug, this weekend is a great time to get signed up with the major players so you have a liquidation channel and deal alert notification flow.
Gift Card Buyers and Resellers
In no particular order, most volume in third party gift cards flows through one of these buyers, all of which are considered generally reputable in the community, and I’ve checked with all of them and they’re ready to on-board for the holidays:
- Gift Card Arbitrage Club: Contact Eugene on Telegram to onboard (or WhatsApp)
- The Card Bay: Sign-up at thecardbay.com
- QCGC: Join the Telegram Deals channel and Group Chat channel, fill out the submission template
- Duck Deals: Sign-up at duck-deals.com
- DCB: Join the WhatsApp group
- Aligned Incentives: Register at alignedincentiv.es
The following buyer’s groups are considered generally reputable in the community, and if you sign-up this weekend you should be on-boarded in time for black Friday:
Let me also offer some unsolicited advice: While you’re figuring out how buying groups work, stick with deals from Amazon and skip the other stores which can often require some voodoo to get working properly.
A manufactured spend prepper’s closet.