Note: If you’re an email subscriber, you may have missed yesterday’s post because the plugin I’m using and daylight savings time changes don’t go well together. I believe it’s working properly now though.
Today’s items include a strange gem or two:
- Two US carriers are running fare sales, and it’s worth checking existing travel to see if you can get a partial refund:
– Alaska to and from ski resort cities, book by Friday
– Southwest on Tuesday and Wednesday flights, book by tomorrow evening
The Alaska sale gets you free skiing at a few ski resorts too by showing your boarding pass. Of course in a world of refundable fares, someone didn’t think too hard about how gamers gonna game.
- Qatar Avios has a transfer bonus from Citi ThankYou Points and several other programs. This one is oddly tiered:
– 20% bonus for transfers of 29,999 ThankYou Points or less
– 30% bonus for transfers of 30,000 ThankYou Points or more
Qatar Avios are great for business class to and from Europe, but for other cases you can transfer them to Iberia, Aer Lingus, or British Airways Avios at avios.com for other sweet spots.
- There’s a $100 sign-up bonus for opening a Q.ai brokerage account and funding with $100. Reportedly bonuses will post within a day typically, but take screenshots of the offer during sign-up in case they don’t. (Thanks to DoC)
- Office Depot has $15 off of $300 or more in Mastercard gift card purchases through Saturday. Remember, these are Metabanks, and Visa and Mastercard aren’t the same. (Thanks to ChurningTatum)
Another strange gem.