- Southwest has a sale through tomorrow evening for 20% off of award bookings using promo code SAVE20NOW for travel through May 24.
I won the battle by saving approximately 20,000 points on existing bookings, but I lost the war because I’ll still be flying Southwest. (Thanks to Brian M via MEAB slack)
- Stephen at FM shares an open secret in the hobby for several years about how to get out of the American Express penalty box for referrals (but unfortunately not other penalty boxes): “Lose” your card, AmEx will issue a new one with a new account number, and referrals will work.
What’s not stated though is that this only lasts for a month or two, then the replacement card ends back in the referral penalty box.
- Wells Fargo has a $525 new savings account bonus with simple requirements for new savings account holders:
– Generate a referral code at this link
– Open a new savings account with a banker with an opening deposit of at least $25
– Bring $25,000 in new money in 30 days, maintain that balance for 90 days
Strangely they presented this offer to me during a normal account login, though I’m not eligible because I’ve already got a savings account at the bank.
- Chase Offers has a card linked offer for 10% back up to $40 for tickets that cost at least $50. Southwest is one of the easiest airlines for breaking the correlation.
- The Chase IHG Premier card’s heightened 175,000 point public bonus is now showing for everyone through the public link. The annual fee of $99 isn’t waived the first year, and the bonus requires $3,000 spend in three months.
I’m normally not big on this card, but getting the sign-up bonus and cancelling after a year probably makes sense with this offer.
Southwest’s exclusive new pop-up lounge. Free use for delayed evening passengers from LBB.