- Do this now: Book any Hyatt reservations at hotels changing categories by this evening because the category change happens tomorrow. Hyatt’s calendar is open for approximately the next two years, so there’s plenty of speculative calendar space to book at the old price.
- Meijer has a gift card promotion of 5,000 points for each $50 in gift cards, up to 25,000 points per MPerks account. To maximize, buy a single $250 or larger gift card per MPerks account (probably Apple for the sake of resale, other bulk brands are excluded). (Thanks to GCG)
- Do this now (if you have SoFi): Login to your SoFi dashboard and enable extra FDIC coverage on up to $2M cash in your account.
- Staples has a fee-free promotion for $200 Mastercard gift cards running through Saturday, limit eight per customer. To minimize the time spent in crusty old office supply stores, try for multiple transactions back to back.
These are Pathward gift cards, so have a liquidation plan in place before you fill up your swimming pool with stock.
- Safeway has a great promotion for 10x points on Google Play gift card purchases of $50 or more with apparently no limit. A $500 Google Play gift card will resell for approximately 89%, and each 100 points is good for $0.10 off per gallon of fuel at participating gas stations.
For the math challenged, a single $100 Google Play card will earn you $1 off per gallon, up to 25 gallons (the current maximum redemption limit per fill up), not to mention credit card rewards in the grocery category.
Don’t worry, it’s not always humans that have a hard time with math.