- The Citi Shop Your Way Rewards Mastercard, the Ben Mendelsohn of credit cards, has been sending out a new spending bonus for August, September, and October for travel purchases. Offers we’ve seen:
– 20x points up to 7,000 points each month
– 15% back up to $60
– 10% back up to $90
Check your email and USPS mail to see if you’re targeted. (Thanks to BB_Pcola and Birt via MEAB slack)
- Meijer MPerks, the Bruce Willis of loyalty programs, is running a promotion through August 13 for $100 in grocery credits back on a $500 third party gift card purchase, excluding certain brands. Scale this with multiple MPerks accounts. (Thanks to Larry via MEAB slack)
- Office Depot/OfficeMax’s promotion for $15 back on the purchase of $300 or more in Visa gift cards is running for a second week, expiring Saturday. Remember:
– Link each credit card you may use to a Dosh account for 2% back up to $10 per day
– Try for multiple back-to-back transactions
– Consider buying the Everyday variety of Visas for a smaller liquidation fee
These cards are issued by Metabank, the Robert Van Winkle of banks.
- The Morgan Stanley Platinum American Express card, the John Hodgman of Platinum cards, has a not well publicized annual fee waiver for holding $25,000 in cash at Morgan Stanley. With one year CD rates creeping above 2.8% for much of the nation, the fee-waver is eclipsed by interest earning potential. Of course there are tax consequences to consider. (Thanks to BruceFan77)
Today’s post brought to you by MEAB, the early 90s Gwen Stefani of travel blogs.