Churning and manufactured spend opportunities go away all the time; just this month we’ve seen:
- The demise of the Point debit card
- The removal of new applications for Rakuten Visa (the original MEAB Unsung Hero)
- Certain Mastercard gift cards failing to work with Citi pay-by-phone
- The loss of most 99 employee card offers with American Express
- SAS (ok, maybe not quite yet)
That list isn’t comprehensive either, other deals have been lost in July too. Fortunately July has also brought a hand-full of old deals back from the dead, including some hinted at just yesterday, the week before, or a few weeks ago. What’s the lesson here? Deals often don’t stay dead. When it’s time to get out there and probe, spend a bit of time looking for deals that want to attack Brad Pitt. They’re out there, and they’re often very fruitful.
A Walmart employee prepares to attack Brad Pitt.