There’s a lot going on this week:
- Staples has fee free Mastercard gift cards running through Saturday, limit five $200 cards per transaction. They’re Metabanks, so there’s that. (Thanks to DoC)
- Citi ThankYou Points is running a 20% off redemption offer on Happy Treats gift cards through July 31. If you want to do a bit of legwork at a Gamestop and convert them to another gift card, you can get an increased redemption rate over the standard one cent per point:
– Steam: Resell at 90%, netting you 1.125 cents per point
– Vanilla Visa: After a $5.95 activation fee and ~$1.00 liquidation fee you’ll net 1.163 cents per point
(Thanks to GC Galore)
- AmEx Resy increased card offers are back. The base Membership Rewards bonus must be met in six months.
– Platinum: 125,000 Membership Rewards after $6,000 in spend + 10x at restaurants up to $25,000 in spend for six months
– Gold: 75,000 Membership Rewards after $4,000 in spend + 20% back at restaurants up to $1,250 in spend for 12 months
– Blue Cash: $200 statement credit after $2,000 in spend + 10% back at restaurants up to $1,500 in spend for six months
Manufactured restaurant spend is actually not as hard as you may think. PayPal and Venmo don’t always code quite the way you’d expect, for example.
- The AmEx no-lifetime language links that have been floating around since the beginning of the year have targeted more people in the last week. The links:
– Business Gold: 90,000 Membership Rewards after $10,000 in spend in three months, plus 10,000 additional points for adding an employee card and spending $1,000 in three months
– Business Platinum: 150,000 Membership Rewards after $15,000 in spend in three months, plus 10,000 additional points for adding an employee card and spending $1,000 in three months
– Business Platinum (alternate): 150,000 Membership Rewards after $15,000 in spend in three months
(Thanks to iheartpoints via MEAB slack)
- Do this now: Register for ANA’s 1.5x points promotion on paid international flights in 2022. UPDATE: RabbMD points out that registration isn’t actually required, it’s automatic.
Have a nice Monday!
Maybe you could exchange a Happy Treats card for this, uh, treat if Gamestop doesn’t work out.