First, a note: if you’re playing the Kroger gift card resale game, always make sure you clip any coupon that could be, even remotely, related to what you’re buying.
And with that out of the way, let’s dive into the week with a few above-average offers and a below-average offer to balance it out.
- Forums lit up over the weekend with news of the Capital On Tap business credit card increasing the sign-up bonus to $750 for $7,500 in spend.This is interesting because:
– Capital On Tap isn’t performing a hard-pull on your credit
– The card doesn’t report to credit bureaus
– Credit lines are typically large
– They support payments with debit cards from their payment portal
There are a few downsides too: This is only available by a TPG affiliate link and reportedly it’s tough to get approved without a corporation, LLC, or other registered entity.
- Bank of America has been emailing targeted, uncapped bonus spend offers through December 31 for:
– +2% bonus cash back on Customized Cash Visa
– +2x miles on the Alaska Airlines Visa
– +2x miles on the Travel Rewards Visa
– +2x miles on the Amtrack Visa
Check your email for any messages from Bank of America from the weekend, especially in your spam folders. I wasn’t targeted sadly, so I’m going to have to live vicariously through you on this one.
- Jim was the first to let me know that OfficeDepot / Office Max has a $15 instant discount on $300 or more in Metabank Visa gift cards through Saturday. To maximize:
– Buy the “Everywhere” cards which have a lower fee and are typically easier to liquidate
– Link your credit cards to Dosh
– Try and run multiple transactions back to back
- Meijer MPerks has a $5 Meijer gift card with the purchase of $500 in Happy Gift cards through May 28, but you have to clip the coupon first. (Thanks to GC Galore)
Normally I wouldn’t write about a $5 back deal but it gives an opening to talk about a Happy Gift Card that’s now available in both physical and digital form (EDIT: Thanks to yehuda for the corrected link): The St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital Happy card, which can be swapped to BestBuy. This is great from a velocity, resale, and anti-fraud perspective.
The outline for this post.