In addition to the Citi ThankYou Point 25% transfer bonus for AirFrance/KLM FlyingBlue running through May 20, there are a couple of new bonuses that popped up on the radar over the weekend. Let’s go over them with a few sweet-spot hints (Editors note: I literally wrote suite-spot on the first draft. I wish I was intentionally that witty, but I’m not so I fixed the wording):
- American Express Membership Rewards has a 15% transfer bonus to Avianca LifeMiles (note that you have to login to see the offer). Hacks and sweet-spots:
– Award chart anomalies, like JFK-Lisbon in business class for 35,000 miles or JFK-Zurich in coach for 16,500 miles (you can find these in other major North American cities too)
– Flying to or from Europe in business class and taking a coach leg onto the end to lower the price
– Economy flights to or from the Caribbean for 12,500 miles each way
– Short haul domestic US economy for 7,500 miles each way
- Chase Ultimate Rewards has a 30% transfer bonus to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club. Hacks and sweet-spots:
– ANA First Class to or from Japan for 55,000 to 60,000 miles each way
– ANA Business Class to or from Japan for 45,000 to 47,500 miles each way
– Delta One (Business Class) to or from Europe for 47,500 – 50,000 miles each way
Before transferring preemptively you should probably make sure that the awards you’re after have availability; getting award space is tough right now unless you’re willing to book in September or beyond, or if you’re willing to make Lubbock, TX your final destination.
The Virgin Atlantic Flying Club transfer bonus appears on radar.