Call me out of touch, but I don’t use airline electronic boarding passes on my phone unless I’m really, really late and don’t have time to get one. Why? When I use a paper ticket:
- The battery doesn’t die on my boarding pass
- I don’t need to worry about the brightness setting on my boarding pass
- I don’t need to worry about FaceID, TouchID, or a passcode to unlock my boarding pass
- When entering a lounge or asking for help at the gate, I don’t need to hand over my phone
- I have a place to put my checked baggage claim stickers (though I rarely actually check a bag)
- I can still use my phone while waiting for my boarding group to be called instead of constantly fiddling with the screen to prevent it from dimming or locking at an in-opportune time
Weird flex but ok.