1. American Express’s 10 charge card limit and 5 credit card limit both seem to have changed. Justin O shared that he was approved for a 6th charge card late Tuesday night, and after his data-point many others followed confirming that the limits aren’t currently being enforced or have changed. I lobbed in an application for the Blue Business Plus credit card using a referral link from P2’s account and was instantly approved which puts me at 11 charge cards and 6 credit cards.
Maybe American Express was trying to copy Chase’s loosening of its 5/24 rules? Either way I’m happy.
2. PenFed is sending holiday spending bonus offers via email. My offer was for $50 back on $500 spend on my PenFed card. Other offers include $15 back on three contactless purchases, a $15 streaming credit, and $20 back on $20 or more in wireless spend.
3. Hertz is letting current President’s Circle members gift President’s Circle status to anyone else before December 15, with the status valid through June 30, 2022. You can gift status at this link.
4. American Express has new transfer bonuses for December:
- 30% to Virgin Atlantic FlyingClub
- Use for ANA round-trip business class (90,000 miles) or first class (110,000 miles) awards to Japan
- Use for Delta one-way Business class non-stop awards to or from Europe (50,000 – 65,000 miles)
- 20% to Singapore KrisFlyer
- Use for economy Alaska flights to or from Hawaii (12,000 – 17,500 miles)
- Use for business class Star Alliance flights to the middle east (76,500 miles)
5. Vinh has some great advice and it’s worth repeating his conclusion: “The lesson learned is if you see a new VGC on the rack, go test it out.”
One thought on “American Express’s December Surprise”
Comments are closed.