- Two more airlines have joined the shopping portal bonus bandwagon for Easter(ish):
– Alaska MileagePlan: Spend $100 by April 17 and earn 500 miles
– United MileagePlus: Spend $100 by April 16 and earn 500 miles
Still no giftcards.com, so Saks or Dell may be your best option for a quick mileage grab.
- The American Express Platinum card has an increased referral bonus for the referred:
– 150,000 Membership Rewards after spending $6,000 in six months
– $200 statement credit after spending at least $200 in the first three months
Of course, the referrer should ideally refer from a personal Gold or similar for a bonus +5x at grocery on $25,000 in spend in addition to the referral bonus of 15,000-35,000 Membership Rewards.
- Now that ZIRP is a fading memory, earning reasonable interest rates on cash is much easier than it used to be and now largely available to any sized balance. There are now two banks that offer 5.02% savings rates nationwide and may be worth moving to as hub banks for manufactured spend (but not necessarily for money order deposits):
– UFB Direct
– CFG Bank
Making one of these banks your hub could easily net you a few grand if you’ve got six figures on average flying around out there. Happy hunting! (Thanks to DDG)
- Office Depot / OfficeMax has $15 off of $300 or more in Mastercard gift cards through Saturday. Good things have been known happen if you scale this one in the right way, and always remember:
– Try for multiple transactions back-to-back
– Link each of your cards to Dosh
These are Pathward gift cards so have a liquidation plan in place.
Commemorative mug not included, but at 5.02% you can get yourself one.