1. Yet another no lifetime language (NLL) American Express Business Gold link has surfaced, and this one doesn’t have an offer code attached to it which likely means it’s more broadly available than the two from Friday. The sign up bonus is 90,000 Membership Rewards after spending $10,000 in three months.
As always, as long as you have an existing American Express credit card AmEx almost certainly won’t pull your credit, and because it’s a business account it won’t show on your credit report once opened either. In other words, lobbing in an application shouldn’t affect anything whether you’re approved or not. (Thanks to Frequent Miler for the link)
2. There’s an American Express debit card and checking account that just about everyone is talking about, and as far as I can tell most of the talk is purely for novelty sake. Here’s my quick take:
- Almost nothing is likely to recognize the card as a debit card
- The earn rate is 0.5 Membership Rewards per dollar (just use a Double Cash instead to earn 2 cents per dollar)
- If debit cards are really your bag, consider Nearside with 2.2% cash back rewards, or one of the other players
If a play does somehow emerge, I’ll write about it so no need to rush out and get it unless you want to be Don Quixote tilting at
3. JetBlue is running some halfway lame deals this week. As of this writing I’m not sure what today’s is, but it’s supposed to involve JetBlue vacations which could mean a cheap way to get Disney tickets or a cruise.