1. Southwest has 20% off of fares to or from Hawaii for travel between March 11 and May 12 of next year, which includes Spring Break for most of the US, use promo-code HAWAIISALE.
2. Yesterday’s deal with SimplyMiles turned out to be a giant disaster after all, because of course it did when AA was involved. The gist:
- They took the site down yesterday morning (it was timing out on all requests)
- They site came back and they put a banner up saying that only purchases before a (probably incorrect) time were honored
- They removed the banner all-together
- They messaged that they’re “working with Mastercard” to everyone who wrote in and asked about status
First, I’m terribly sorry if I got you involved in this deal and it ends up wasting your time. Second, I hope it works out for you whether or not you end up wasting time. And because you didn’t ask, here’s my prediction for how this will go:
Usually, ill-conceived promotions turn into flaming meteors that crash into full dumpsters outside of a liquor store — so, I guess that.
3. One of my absolute favorite long-term deals of the last year was fee-free Vanilla Visa gift cards at vanillagift.com because:
- Vanilla Visa gift cards work in quite a few more places than Metabank/BHN Visa gift cards
- Vanillagift.com continues to work well with American Express cards (unlike simon.com)
- The “flash sale” ended up lasting over five months even though it was supposed to be just a couple of days
Well, rejoice (maybe) because that flash sale is back for 2021 using the code FLASH2021. The code was just announced yesterday and as of this writing is supposed to expire yesterday, but I have high hopes that it won’t actually expire. Give the code a shot today, and keep it in your back-pocket because it’s possible that it will continue to work well into 2022.