PayPal has a targeted deal running for 10% back from Target. As you saw yesterday, the Point rewards debit card has a 10x offer running at Target now too. An obvious question: Can these deals combine for 20% off? The answer is probably, though nothing is guaranteed until the data-points start rolling in. So, here’s how I’d play this:
- Verify that you’ve got the PayPal Target deal (search for “Target” at this link)
- Save the offer to your PayPal account
- Add your Point debit card to your PayPal Wallet
- Use cashbackmonitor.com to find a smaller, unknown portal (unfortunately it’s slim pickings right now)
- Add one of the following to your cart:
- A $500 gift card (Disney, Home Depot, and Apple gift cards are your best bet for resale)
- Groceries and home goods that you’d buy anyway
- Game consoles for resale if you can find them
- Checkout with PayPal, using your Point debit card as payment
Ok, easy enough. We likely just got 20-21% off based on whether or not the portal tracks. (Hint: smaller portals still occasionally track on things like gift cards at many stores even when the big ones don’t).
I’ve kinda buried the lead here though: with these two deals stacking, you can get 20-21% off of Disney park tickets (via a Disney gift card). That’s honestly almost unheard of and if Disney is in your future in the next couple of years, I’d hit this one. If you open multiple PayPal accounts, a personal plus one for each of your “multiple businesses”, you can scale this deal even more; but after the first $500 it’ll turn into a 10-11% back offer because you’ll use up your Point spend capacity. Of course you will be able to get some credit card rewards in place of Point.
As always, if you don’t have the Point debit card and want to get it, make sure you use a referral link for a higher sign-up bonus. (The best that I know of is currently $100 after spending $1,000.) I’d rather you use a friend’s referral link, but if you don’t know anyone who has one feel free to reach out to me and I’ll share mine.