Remember yesterday’s Alaska Airlines shopping portal bonus that I thought wasn’t worth doing? Well if you have an American Express Business Platinum card, it’s probably worth it now because Dell has a promo offer for 10% off of Xbox Gift cards with code XBOX10. To take advantage of it:
- Ensure you’ve activated your Dell credit with your American Express Business Platinum
- Check for any Dell cash back or 2x/3x spend American Express offers
- Start at the Alaska portal for Dell Home, and click on SHOP NOW. UPDATE: RabbMD let me know that Dell Technologies earns 3x instead of 1x.
- Add a $100 Xbox Gift Card to your cart
- Add a $25 Xbox Gift Card to your cart
- Checkout, and enter promo XBOX10
- Pay with your Business Platinum
The promo will only apply to one card, but it’ll pick the more expensive one. So, you’ll spend $115, but you’ll get:
- $100 back from AmEx as a statement credit (or more if you have an offer attached to your card)
- 615 Alaska miles
- $82-85 in resale value for the Xbox cards (thanks to Katie for the correction in rates)
- 115 Membership Rewards points (or more if you have an offer attached to your card)
- Rid of the Dell credit that expires June 30 and can be hard to use
If you have multiple Business Platinums, create new Dell accounts with new email addresses to use the code again, and don’t ever let the Business Platinum cards co-mingle between accounts. UPDATE: The code works on the same account multiple times, thanks to RabbMD for letting me know.
2 thoughts on “Thursday Redux”
Comments are closed.